The Patient Experience & Community Invovlement Team involve people in different ways, and use peoples feedback, comments and suggestions to help to improve the service. By including patients and the public in the Trust’s work, it can help to change and improve the way care and services are delivered.
The team aims to:
· Educate patients and public on our Trusts’ services and ways to access and use health services appropriately
· Encourage people to take responsibility for their health, and promote healthy living messages
· Involve and engage with a wide range of service users, public, groups, services and stakeholders to create an open relationship with the Trust
· Support people to access health information and resources in a variety of mediums and formats, and use information to make informed decisions
· Create closer working relationships across the Trust, and between departments to promote the work of the Patient Experience & Community Involvement Team, educating staff on the key principles of involvement, information and empowerment.
If you want to become more involved in our work you can join our Network. It is made up of members of the public; people who have used the service; patient group representatives and other services and organisations who have registered their interest and support to be involved in Trust activities. All Network members will receive a copy of ‘Network News’, which is our twice yearly Newsletter that tells you about the work we have done in partnership with Network members.
There are a number of activities being carried out and you can pick the ones you want to be involved in, for example:
· Taking part in our Readers Panel
· Attending meetings in the Trust
· Undertaking surveys
· Being part of Mystery Shopper exercises
· Giving us your patient story