Before you dial 999 for an ambulance, we would ask you to remember that:
- If you are feeling unwell and you are not sure what to do, please call the NHS Direct Wales service on 0845 46 47 and speak to a nurse adviser for information and advice, available 24 hours a day, every day.
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing call the NHS Direct Wales textphone number on 0845 606 46 47.
- If you have a medical emergency such as loss of consciousness, difficulty in breathing, suspected heart attack, heavy blood loss, serious injury or severe burns call 999.
- Sending an ambulance to a call that is not an emergency could delay the response to a seriously ill or injured patient.
- Patients with minor illnesses or injuries who arrive at hospital by ambulance do not receive faster treatment.
Attached is the Trust's initial response following publication of the Trusted to Care Report
Download the Annual Report 2013/14