A meeting of the Board of the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust will be held at 10.30 a.m. on 28 January 2016 in Henllys Room, Vantage Point House, Ty Coch Way Cwmbran, NP44 7HF. The Trust welcomes the attendance of all members of the public and fully embraces equality and diversity. If you would like to attend the meeting, or you have any special requirements in order to aid your attendance, please contact us in advance to enable us to help accommodate your requirements and allow us to comply with Health and Safety regulations. Welsh simultaneous translation facilities will be available. Further details, including directions to the location, are available from Caroline Jones on 01745 532970.
- If you are feeling unwell and you are not sure what to do, please call the NHS Direct Wales service on 0845 46 47 and speak to a nurse adviser for information and advice, available 24 hours a day, every day.
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing call the NHS Direct Wales textphone number on 0845 606 46 47.
- If you have a medical emergency such as loss of consciousness, difficulty in breathing, suspected heart attack, heavy blood loss, serious injury or severe burns call 999.
- Sending an ambulance to a call that is not an emergency could delay the response to a seriously ill or injured patient.
- Patients with minor illnesses or injuries who arrive at hospital by ambulance do not receive faster treatment.
We are encouraging people to really think about whether they need an ambulance.
The Welsh Ambulance Service has produced a video highlighting the importance of choosing the most appropriate NHS service if you become ill or injured.
“Stop, Think ...do you really need 999?” explains how the Ambulance Service prioritises emergency calls, and how dealing with non-urgent and hoax calls can potentially delay responses to more serious cases.
With thanks to East Midlands Ambulance Service we have also produced a poster to support this. Click here to view the poster. We would like to encourage people who are part of any groups or clubs to display the poster.
If you would like to receive a poster please contact the Partners in Healthcare team on 01792 311773 or email@example.com
Attached is the Trust's initial response following publication of the Trusted to Care Report
Download Annual report 2014 15