The Trust Board formally comprises thirteen members all of whom have voting rights:
- a Chairman
- seven Non-Executive Directors
- a Chief Executive and four Executive Directors
The Board’s role is to:
- Set the policy and strategic direction of the Trust;
- Manage the Risk;
- Manage its people and resources;
- Establish governance systems to enable it to effectively measure progress and performance, and to make sure this is achieved.
- Work in partnership with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
Non Executive Directors have an important role to play in the development of the Trust. As well as monitoring the Trust’s overall strategy and performance, they also liaise widely with Executive Directors and other key staff. Their knowledge of local needs, allied to their experience provides a valuable contribution in developing strategies to meet the ever increasing challenges ahead.