General Entry Requirements
The qualities required to become a successful member of NEPTS include:
• A patient focused outlook
• A well-balanced personality, able to work well under pressure
• A caring and compassionate disposition
• Honesty and integrity
• A good standard of general education
• A good level of manual dexterity and personal fitness
• Resourcefulness and organisational skills
• An ability to work individually as well as part of a team
Applicants for operational staff posts must have:
• A good standard of education
• A full driving licence including a minimum of category B (category C and D are desirable)
• Consideration will be given to candidates with up to three points on their licence
• You must not have been convicted of any serious driving offences
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake an assessment and interview, details of which will be provided to successful candidates.
The initial training programme for NEPTS operational staff comprises of:
• Two weeks induction training which provides staff with the necessary knowledge and skills to ensure that the particular needs of the patients are met, as well as first aid, basic life support and patient care skills. Statutory and mandatory training is also included in this course, e.g. safer handling, conflict resolution, safeguarding and infection control.
• One week driver training
All our current vacancies are shown here. In order to apply, please visit www.jobs.nhs.uk. You can also register your email address on the NHS Jobs website, and the site will automatically notify you when we advertise vacancies.
You can also keep up to date with news and vacancies from the Welsh Ambulance Service by following us on Facebook and Twitter.
To enquire about volunteering with us please click here.