Welcome to the Welsh Ambulance Service News Desk and Media area. We will keep you up to date with all the latest news and information relating to your local ambulance service.
Our Corporate Communications Unit handle both internal and external communications, dealing with all enquiries from the media and keeping the public and stakeholders informed of the work of our staff.
- Richard collects Queen’s Ambulance Service Medal from Her Majesty
Richard Hook, an Advanced Paramedic Practitioner for the Welsh Ambulance Service, was recognised in the New Year’s Honours list and collected his medal at a ceremony at Windsor Castle last Tuesday.
23 Apr 2014 11:47
- Welsh Ambulance Service is awarded Corporate Health Standard
The Trust, which employs more than 3,000 people, was granted the bronze award following a rigorous two-day assessment last week.
11 Apr 2014 10:08
- New Non-Executive Directors join Board of Welsh Ambulance Service
Today they met Mr Drakeford at the Trust’s regional office in Cwmbran, where they are taking part in a two-day induction programme.
10 Apr 2014 16:45
- CWM TAF: Make a difference in your community – be a Community First Responder
The Trust is especially keen to recruit in Merthyr Tydfil, Aberfan, Troedyrhiw, Maerdy, Ferndale, Porth, Tonyrefail, Tonypandy, Blaencwm, Treherbert, Treorchy, Pontyclun, Pontypridd and Church Village.
9 Apr 2014 10:52
- Increase in calls to Welsh Ambulance Service following air pollution
The Trust has seen an increase in calls since record levels of air pollution began lingering over parts of the UK.
4 Apr 2014 15:37
- Launch of national campaign to stop blood clots and save lives
A new national campaign to help prevent patients dying from blood clots while in hospital is being launched today (Thursday 3 April, 2014).
4 Apr 2014 13:40
- Welsh Ambulance Service scoops ‘Most Improved Flu Fighter Campaign’ award
The Trust has collected the award for Most Improved Flu Fighter Campaign in the Flu Fighters Awards 2014 hosted by NHS Employers in Cardiff.
1 Apr 2014 10:10
- Welsh Ambulance Service is up for three NHS Wales Awards
The list of 24 finalists reveals a high standard of innovative work that is transforming healthcare for patients across Wales.
31 Mar 2014 11:48