Welcome to the Welsh Ambulance Service News Desk and Media area. We will keep you up to date with all the latest news and information relating to your local ambulance service.
Our Corporate Communications Unit handle both internal and external communications, dealing with all enquiries from the media and keeping the public and stakeholders informed of the work of our staff.
- Welsh Ambulance Service staff recognised in Swansea awards ceremony
The Vice Lord Lieutenant of West Glamorgan, Dr Edward Roberts DL, presented the awards which included Her Majesty the Queen’s Long Service and Good Conduct Medal for staff with more than 20 years in the Emergency Medical Service.
26 Nov 2015 16:43
- Statement on October 2015's performance figures
Tracy Myhill, Chief Executive of the Welsh Ambulance Service, said: “In October we not only met the all-important 65% target but we surpassed it, which we’re obviously delighted with.”
25 Nov 2015 09:54
- Quick-thinking Leon saves mum with 999 call
Linzi Isaac, 22, was at her Welshpool home with son Leon and one-year-old daughter Mia when she suffered an unexpected seizure.
26 Nov 2015 14:37
- Emergency Services Carol Service 2015
Supporting the Emergency Services will be Northop Silver Band, Côr Alaw and Soloist, Sioned Terry.
23 Nov 2015 16:30
- Incident at Cardiff steelworks
Police, fire and ambulance personnel are at the scene.
18 Nov 2015 13:40
- Pupils consider NHS careers after first hand experience
The event was held to commemorate Aneurin Bevan’s birthday, the founder of the NHS.
13 Nov 2015 15:36
- Life-saving defibrillators rolled out across Upper Conwy Valley
The Uwchaled Community First Responders have joined forces with community councils and local businesses to help purchase the devices and train people to use them.
13 Nov 2015 10:43
- Pillar of the Community Paramedic David Isaac Fundraises for Wales Air Ambulance as Mayor of Merthyr
One of the Welsh Ambulance Service’s long serving paramedics is also serving his term of office as Mayor of Merthyr Tydfil this year.
9 Nov 2015 15:46