Welcome to the Welsh Ambulance Service News Desk and Media area. We will keep you up to date with all the latest news and information relating to your local ambulance service.
Our Corporate Communications Unit handle both internal and external communications, dealing with all enquiries from the media and keeping the public and stakeholders informed of the work of our staff.
- Celebrate Wrexham’s new ambulance and fire station at community open day
The Welsh Ambulance Service and North Wales Fire and Rescue Service are hosting an open day on Saturday 1 October from 11am until 3pm at the AFSRC on Croesnewydd Road.
23 Sep 2016 11:08
- Wrexham’s Ambulance and Fire Services Resource Centre officially opened
The purpose-built AFSRC, which is the first of its kind in Wales, boasts an eight-bay fire station, a six-bay ambulance station, a make ready facility and fleet workshop plus ultramodern training facilities.
23 Sep 2016 11:39
- Rhyl car company displays life-saving support for the community
Not only have WR Davies Motor Group of Rhyl purchased a brand new i-Pad defibrillator for the use of the Prestatyn & Rhyl Community First Responder (CFR) team, but they have also agreed for one of their members of staff to attend life-threatening 999 call
19 Sep 2016 10:33
- Carrot puts little Rowan and family through life or death trauma!
Chewing on a simple piece of vegetable was enough to cause 20 months old Rowan Hibbert such problems that one Community First Responder, a Rapid Response Vehicle and Paramedic, two Emergency Ambulances, and an Air Ambulance were required to attend at his
15 Sep 2016 16:39
- Improved communications for Welsh Ambulance Service volunteers
Over 400 new handheld communication devices are to be made available to Welsh Ambulance Service Community First Responder volunteers throughout Wales in the coming weeks following a successful six month pilot. The next exciting phase begins this week in
15 Sep 2016 15:25
- Major’s support for Restart a Heart Day - 18 October 2016
Every Friday, members of the armed forces at Sennybridge Army Camp near Brecon enjoy a boisterous game of 5-a-side football, but over four years ago, on a Friday in March 2012, a sudden event turned a normal game into a life and death situation for one pl
9 Sep 2016 15:22
- Welsh Ambulance Service recognised for its initiatives in mental health care and end of life care
The Trust’s Mental Health Pathway and End of Life Care Project have both been listed on the Social Care Institute of Excellence’s website.
9 Sep 2016 10:48
- Welsh Ambulance Service backs European Day Without A Road Death campaign
Project EDWARD calls on all road users to reflect on their behaviour and attitude in a bid to reduce the number of serious accidents.
7 Sep 2016 12:20